Edmonton airport

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Random Thoughts

So it's Mother's Day and my son came over for a visit, brought me a couple of books for a present, and then took me out for lunch. Very unusual to be able to spent this much time with him on Mother's Day because usually he's in another city and province. So a special treat. I've noticed that there have been some anti-Mother's Day posts on FB. Didn't realize there were people really upset by that fact that mothers were being recognized. Not everyone is a mother, but we've all had mothers or nurturers, so I'm not sure what the big deal is. Of course, not everyone has had good mothering experiences, either, but it seems odd to get so upset over a day.

I've been busy also getting ready for my book lauch of "Queen of Fire," which is in two days at McNally Robinson here in Saskatoon. Have written and rewritten my remarks, chosen and read and reread the excerpts from my book that I'm planning to read. Timing everything several times and trying to allow for spaces between talking. I'm pretty excited. First book launch, though second book. I've done a fair few of readings before - short stories in libraries and schools, so am not really very nervous, just a little fluttery.

Lots of other things to do also, but I'm putting them off until after the launch. Gardening work, house cleaning, odds and ends.

And I have to get back to work on the sequel to "Queen of Fire." Am really close, I think, to finishing a first draft.

No comments:

Post a Comment